Reinstall printer driver(s)
Note: Most printer manufacturers have their drivers available through Windows Update.
Remove the printer driver
- Open the Start Menu (where applications not on the Desktop or Task Bar are found)
- Start typing (it has focus, so you don't need to click in a specific area) in Devices and Printers and select the application that shows up.
- Find the printer you are having issues with, right-click on it and left-click on Remove Device or Remove.
Reinstall the printer driver
- Unplug USB cable from back of printer and then reattach the USB cable to the printer. Wait some time for Windows Update to find the driver. If it does not succeed within an hour, continue.
- Search the internet for MANUFACTURER MODEL driver replacing MANUFACTURER MODEL driver with the manufacturer and model of your printer.
- Follow the manufacturer directions